Help with a Federal Agency

Residents of the 14th Congressional District of New York can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, I ask that you contact my office to speak with a casework specialist. If you live in Queens, you may call 718.779.1400. If you live in the Bronx, you may call 718.931.1400.

Please have all pertinent information and claim numbers available, such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with the Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. A caseworker can provide you with an information release form upon request.