Education is the key to a lifetime of success and is essential to our nation’s future. Joe supports a comprehensive approach to education that begins with strong early childhood programs, continues through a robust K-12 education, and makes college more affordable and accessible for all Americans.
Joe believes investing in education has never been more important. Investment today will lay the cornerstone of tomorrow’s economy and enable the next generation of Americans to compete on a global scale, maintain America’s standing as the world’s top economy and ensure U.S. workers are at the forefront of developing new and emerging industries. Only with a renewed focus on education at the national, state and community level can we ensure a prosperous future for our children and our country.
Since being elected to the Congress, Joe has worked on several initiatives to strengthen education on both the national and local level, including:
- Preserving pre-kindergarten programs for underprivileged kids, such as Head Start
- Fighting to ensure that children in the Bronx and Queens receive their fair share of education funding by spearheading an effort to undo a law that allows federal funds to be inequitably distributed among the City’s boroughs
- Making college more affordable through increased access to financial aid, such as Pell Grants and other federal initiatives
- Championing legislation to modernize and improve our nation’s classrooms, such as authoring the Safe Schools, Healthy Kids Act (H.R. 6551, 110th Congress) to help schools with the cost of cleaning up polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Keeping our kids healthy and prepared to learn by creating the Physical Education for Progress Program at the Department of Education, the only federal program that helps school districts initiate, expand, and improve school-based physical activity
More on Education
(Queens, NY) – El presidente del Caucus Demócrata de la Cámara de Representantes Joe Crowley (D-NY), anunció hoy su solicitud de fondos adicionales para los programas de asistencia federal que benefician a estudiantes universitarios de bajos recursos en la próxima ley de presupuesto gubernamental para el 2019.
(Queens, NY) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-NY) announced today his request for additional funding for federal aid programs that benefit low-income college students in the upcoming 2019 government funding bill.
(Washington, D.C.) – El presidente del Caucus Demócrata de la Cámara de Representantes Joe Crowley (D-NY), emitió las siguientes declaraciones sobre la aprobación del “Omnibus”, la ley presupuestal del 2018:
"Los republicanos han atravesado de una crisis a otra, imponiéndole a los estadounidenses cierres de gobierno demasiadas veces. Si bien esto podrá puede traer a Washington un aparente equilibrio, yo voté en contra de esta ley porque considero que es una oportunidad perdida.
(Washington, D.C.) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-NY) issued the following statement on the passage of the 2018 omnibus funding bill:
“Republicans have lurched from crisis to crisis, forcing a government shutdown upon Americans far too many times. While this funding legislation may bring a semblance of balance back to Washington, I voted against this bill because it was a missed opportunity.
(Washington D.C.) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-NY) issued the following statement on reports that the Trump administration will block states from protecting students from debt collection companies:
(Queens, N.Y.) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-NY) issued the following statement on President Trump’s 2019 budget:
“This isn’t a budget - it’s a plan to bankrupt the American middle class.