All Americans deserve access to affordable and high-quality health care. Through legislation such as the Affordable Care Act, Congressman Crowley has supported efforts to expand coverage, reduce costs and put health care in the hands of patients and not health insurance companies.
While much of the recent health care debate focused on our nation’s health insurance system, Joe has also been an impassioned advocate for the local health care facilities in the Bronx and Queens. The continued funding and operation of local hospitals, community health clinics and medical centers are essential to the continued well-being of the residents of the 14th Congressional District.
Since being elected to the Congress, Joe has actively worked to improve and expand health care by:
- Fighting for the needs of urban hospitals, including Westchester Square Medical Center and Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx and Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, as well as specialty cancer centers to ensure quality care in our neighborhoods
- Developing the next generation of physicians by supporting federal investments in teaching hospitals and minority physician training programs, such as the Center of Excellence at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Championing efforts to address a shortage of physicians, including both primary care doctors and specialists
- Spearheading an initiative to encourage doctors to make testing for HIV/AIDS a part of routine care for patients who are between the ages of 13 and 64
- Supporting efforts to reduce the cost of purchasing insurance for small businesses – one of the biggest obstacles for American employers when it comes to hiring new workers
- Founding and co-chairing the Rare Disease Caucus to build awareness of rare diseases and focus on solutions to help the millions of Americans struggling with these conditions
More on Health Care
(Washington, D.C.) — El presidente del Caucus Demócrata de la Cámara de Representantes Joe Crowley (D-Queens, el Bronx), emitió las siguientes declaraciones sobre el proyecto de ley agrícola de los republicanos:
(Washington, D.C.) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-Queens, the Bronx) issued the following statement on the Republican Farm Bill:
“This was one of the most heartless, cruel, and nonsensical bills that Republicans have proposed since I’ve been in Congress. It would have abandoned family farms, aggravated our food shortage crisis, and left one million Americans at risk of going hungry. It was shameful that Republicans even proposed it.
(Washington, D.C.) — Today, House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-Queens, the Bronx), Congressional Pro-Choice Caucus Co-Chairs Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA) and Congresswoman Diana DeGette (D-CO), Ranking Member Nita Lowey (D-NY), Congresswoman Julia Brownley (D-CA), Congresswoman Judy Chu (D-CA), Congresswoman Katherine Clark (D-MA), Congresswoman Suzan DelBene (D-WA), Congressman Jerry Nadler (D-NY), Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), and Congresswoman Jackie Speier (D-CA) released the following statement after reports that the Department of Health and Human Services will
(Washington, D.C.) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D Queens, the Bronx) announced today the introduction of the Opioid Workforce Act of 2018, legislation to address the opioid treatment gap in the country by increasing the number of health care workers that serve on the front lines of the opioid epidemic.
(Queens, NY) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-NY) issued the following statement on the 8th anniversary of the Affordable Care Act (ACA):
(Washington, D.C.) – El presidente del Caucus Demócrata de la Cámara de Representantes Joe Crowley (D-NY), emitió las siguientes declaraciones sobre la aprobación del “Omnibus”, la ley presupuestal del 2018:
"Los republicanos han atravesado de una crisis a otra, imponiéndole a los estadounidenses cierres de gobierno demasiadas veces. Si bien esto podrá puede traer a Washington un aparente equilibrio, yo voté en contra de esta ley porque considero que es una oportunidad perdida.
(Washington, D.C.) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-NY) issued the following statement on the passage of the 2018 omnibus funding bill:
“Republicans have lurched from crisis to crisis, forcing a government shutdown upon Americans far too many times. While this funding legislation may bring a semblance of balance back to Washington, I voted against this bill because it was a missed opportunity.
(Queens, N.Y.) – House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley (D-NY) issued the following statement on President Trump’s 2019 budget:
“This isn’t a budget - it’s a plan to bankrupt the American middle class.